Let’s clear up that acne!
If you follow me on the gram, you will know that I have been very open about my battle for good skin. I have always had sensitive skin, and it is often affected by the most basic things; I discovered that I was intolerant to meat substitutes such as soy quite a few years ago; I noticed that every time I had it, I would break out and feel like my world was crumbling, LITERALLY #nojoke; at the time it was super hard for me, seeing as I love soy products such as soy milk, cheese, mince, sausage mix, you name it.... but I have had to cut that out; I have to be honest I do have a touch of soy in my diet when I pop to my mums house, but I’m always very careful not to over do it.
Having made that cut, I was still having skin issues and controlling it with doctors subscriptions, such as antibiotics, but I started to become resistant to them. Then In January my doctor told me, I could die if she continued my subscription as I could catch a disease and be incurable as I would have become immune to antibiotics and subsequently would die.
I was in shock, just as much as you probably are reading this right now, so I thought I really need to find some natural alternatives to deal with these acne flare ups. I have done a lot of research and guys, I found the secret. If you have any form of acne do the following steps and it could help!
- Acne is a form of inflammation in the body, inflammation is fed by anything that is high in hormones a such as dairy, processed foods etc. Cut all dairy out! And junk food, eat natural... hard but essential.
- Girl get yourself some zinc, it helps boost the immune system along with Vitamin C, which will help fight inflammation in the body... trust me it helps.
- Cod liver oil is your best friend, and yes it tastes bad but it is a good healthy probiotic, rich in Omega 3 which is good for the promotion of dewy skin.
- Eat bags and bags of kale. When they said kale was a super food, they didn’t lie. It is rich in Vitamin A and K which both give you dewy skin, and Vitamin C, which boosts your immune system.
- Eat Brazil Nuts as they are rich in zinc too!
Those are my five top tips that may help you reach dewy skin status. I still get the odd pimple here and there, but that’s normal. 99% of my acne is gone, and that is really due to my change of diet. I hope you achieve dewy skin this summer girlfriends, take care for now!